ANDREA B. STONE
Andrea B. Stone is an accomplished international photographer with a passion for providing viewers with a revelatory new perspective on the modern cities that surround us. Her collections of contemporary photography serve as a unique abstract visual journey through many of the world’s best-known cities. With her distinctive talent for capturing the explicit beauty of the patterns, colors, and shapes found in modern architecture, Andrea Stone prompts viewers to reconsider the way they live and interact with the modern metropolis.
Below is a complete list of Andrea’s professional accomplishments, including exhibitions, published work, and industry awards.
|2020||Pence Gallery, Davis, California.|
|2018||Crocker Art Museum, Sacramento, California.|
|2017||Stone Photography Gallery, Davis, California.|
|2017||Tsao Gallery, Davis, California.|
|2016||Crocker Art Museum, Sacramento, California.|
|2016||Yolo Arts Gallery 625, Woodland, California.|
|2016||Center for Photographic Art, Carmel, California.|
|2015||Tsao Gallery, Davis, California.|
|2015||Center for Photographic Art, Carmel, California.|
|2015||Stone Photography Gallery, Davis, California.|
|2014||Panopticon Gallery, Boston, Massachusetts.|
|2014||Gallery 1855, Davis, California.|
|2014||The Artery, Davis, California.|
|2013||Blue Line Gallery, Roseville, California.|
|2012||International Architecture Festival, Modesto, California.|
|2012||Blue Line Gallery, Roseville, California.|
|2012||Viewpoint Photographic Art Center, Sacramento, California.|
|2011||Viewpoint Photographic Art Center, Sacramento, California.|
|2009||Viewpoint Photographic Art Center, Sacramento, California.|
|2009||Rominger Winery, Davis, California.|
- Harvard Business Review (Boston, Massachusetts, USA). Feature images. “It’s Time to Replace the Public Corporation.” January/February 2021.
- Lumières de la Ville (Paris, France). Feature article. “Les reflets de la ville par Andrea Stone.” February 2020.
- Design Speaks (New York City, New York, USA). Marcus Marino. Feature article. “Portraits.” February 2020.
- Collecting Fine Art – The LUMAS Portfolio – VOL. IV (Berlin, Germany). Feature article. “City Landscape.” December 2019.
- Better Photography (Mumbai, India). Nilofer Khan. Cover and feature article. “Idyllic Reflections.” October 2018.
- Present & Correct. Design House London Blog (London, United Kingdom). “City Reflections.” June 2017.
- Il Post (Milan, Italy). “City Reflections.” July 2017.
- S7 Magazine (Ob, Novosibirsk Oblast, Russia). Cover. “Luminosity.” May 2016.
- LensCulture (Amsterdam, Netherlands). Jim Casper. “111 New Street Photography Discoveries.” December 2016.
- A+E. Architecture et Environnement au Maroc /Archimedia (Casablanca, Morocco). Hamza Hilmi. “Andrea B. Stone. Les vitrages reflètent leur époque.” 3:4, 2014.
- LensCulture (Amsterdam, Netherlands). Cover page. “City Reflections.” January 2014.
- La boite verte (France). “Les reflets de la ville.” April 8, 2014.
- Fubiz (Paris, France/New York City, New York, USA). “City Reflection Series.” 2014.
- Lab-Zine (USA) “Andrea Stone.” Issue 8. May 2014.
- Plataforma Urbana. Plataforma en Urbanismo, Ciudad, Crecimiento, Participación Política. (Santiago, Chile). “City Reflections.” May 2014.
- ArchDaily. Broadcasting Architecture Worldwide. (Brazil/Colombia/Mexico/Peru/China). “City Reflections.” June 2014.
- Cosas de Arquitectos (Madrid, Spain). Luis Sánchez Blasco. “City Reflection – Fotografías de fachadas que reflejan otras fachadas.” June 19, 2014.
- What Will You Remember? Photography Views, Reviews, Interviews (USA). Elin Spring. “Abstract (Photo) Expressionists at Panopticon.” June 18, 2014.
- Photo+ (South Korea). “City Reflections.” August 2014.
- Davis Enterprise (Davis, California, USA). Elizabeth Case. “Local Photographer’s ‘City Reflections’ Gain International Acclaim.” December 30, 2014.
- LUMAS (Berlin, Germany). “Andrea B. Stone.” December 2014.
- Lenscratch. Fine Art Photography Daily (USA). Aline Smithson. Feature article. “Andrea Stone: City Reflections.” December 15, 2013.
- LensWork. Photography and the Creative Process. (Anacortes, Washington, USA). Brooks Jensen. “City Reflections Project.” May/June 2013.
- Hati and Skoll Gallery Blog (USA). David E. Wolf. Feature article. “City Reflections Project,” August 30, 2013.
- Davis Enterprise (Davis, California, USA). Melissa Hiatt. “Faces of Photography.” October 15, 2009.
HONORS AND AWARDS
|2018||Seven Honorable Mentions, International Photography Awards Competition.|
|2016||Five Honorable Mentions, International Photography Awards Competition.|
|2015||Four nominations, International Color Awards Competition.|
|2013||Grand Prix de la Découverte Juror of Merit Award, International Fine Art Photography Competition, Paris, France.|
|2009||People’s Choice Award, Juried Show, Viewpoint Photographic Art Center, Sacramento, California.|
|2002||Selected for professional intensive workshop with Magnum photographer David Allen Harvey, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.|
Crocker Art Museum, permanent collection, Sacramento, California.
Multiple private and corporate collections throughout North America, Europe, and Asia.
Lumas Gallery, Berlin, Germany.
Stone Photography Gallery, Davis, California.
DSA Fine Arts, Beacon, New York.
Kinzelman Art Consulting, Houston, Texas.
DAC Art Consulting, Atlanta, Georgia.
International Corporate Art, Miami, Florida.